Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Blue Monday ... not

I love dogs, partly because they never complain. This was impressed on me by our first golden, Qyukaluq who had her left front leg amputated after an altercation with a truck(my fault). We lived in Iqaluit at the time and had to send her out to Montreal for vet. services. On her return she was as keen to go out and chase caribou as ever and I don't think she even realized she had a handicap.

Our current golden usually has a cheerful outlook on life but if I sit in front of the computer too long she does tend to mope... does this count as a complaint? She wants to go out skiing and we will go. I'm just watching the temperature and hoping it rises above -30C. I don't think we'll get there though but the sun is shinning and the world a frozen white. Very pretty out today...  and it happens to be the first day of my retirement. I'd add fireworks but it's not really that exciting as I'm back at work tomorrow! The Department has been unable to find a replacement for me so I have agreed to work part time for the time-being (3 or 4 half days a week) as long as I'm not required to make pension contributions because that would screw up my pension and I don't want that.

So today is my retirment and even though its 'blue monday' ... according to some psychologists the most depressing day of the year because of its proximity to christmas, debt and the dark and cold (for christians living in the northern hemisphere anyways)... I'm enjoying the day and Atiq will too.. as soon as I get those skis waxed!

1 comment:

  1. Having a hard time posting comments. Glad you're still there. Happy semi-retirement!

    ReplyDelete